How we’re responding to COVID-19
At all times and especially now, the care of our customers, our staff and the health and safety of the community are our highest priorities.
We’ve got you
We know you have a lot to think about now, but rest assured, we’re here for you. We’re always better together. So, we have implemented protocols in cooperation with public health recommendations to assure you a quality experience. Here are some of the ways we’ve beefed up our readiness.
- Our staff has been trained to implement additional safety measures, including the use of personal protective gear, frequent sanitizing of hands and surfaces, covering coughs, the wearing of gloves and social distancing.
- Staff has been asked to monitor temperature and maintain the government-recommended safety practices on a continuous basis.
- All facilities are receiving increased sanitation and regular cleanings.
- We remain fully equipped to offer cremation services or traditional funerals. However, they may require more planning and advanced scheduling. Ask us for details.
- Mandatory guidelines will limit funeral services to no more than 10 attendees, whether inside or at a grave site.
- We recommend the use of our Monticello chapel, where we can better control safety mandates in place.
- We have adopted more electronic means for making funeral arrangements to maintain social distancing protocols.
Financial help for families
- Additionally, as more families are being challenged financially, we will soon offer a new way for friends and relatives to help contribute to final expenses by purchasing DFH e-gift certificates that the family can redeem toward expenses. Check back here for details as the program becomes available.