Our complete line of services includes:
- Funeral and life insurance
- Funeral planning and Funeral direction
- Limousine service
- 24 hour ambulatory service
- Domestic and international shipping
- Embalming and cremation
- Chapel services
Most families benefit from well planned services. Conversations with a trusted advisor can help you make good choices that will cut down stress, well before there is ever a need. That’s why funeral insurance and pre-need arrangements are so important.
Dillard specializes in a variety of offerings, including life insurance and funeral insurance.
How it works
- If possible, contact Dillard before the family experiences a loss to acquire insurance.
- Make pre-need decisions about the type of service you want for you and your loved ones. You can pay for them over time in advance if desired. Pre-need takes the guess work out and lessens stress for the designated family member making arrangements later.
- When there is no time for pre-need, discuss traditional service options.
Traditional Funeral Services
The traditional service has been the most popular requested service. Studies and experience have shown that the traditional funeral allows for both healing and closure during the grieving process.
- The family meets with Dillard to make preparations and ceremonial arrangements. When a loved one has departed, Dillard takes care of every detail to assist with casket selection to flowers.
- The remains are embalmed.
- A viewing is usually held before the funeral service.
- After the funeral service, the casketed body receives a dignified cemetery burial.
This type of service can take place with a casketed embalmed body, a sealed casket with an unembalmed body or with cremated remains.
- The remains are taken to the gravesite and a service is held at the gravesite with family.
- Ask the funeral planner about requirements for embalming in Arkansas.
Traditional Funeral followed by Cremation
Dillard provides cremation services through trusted partner businesses
- Like a traditional service, the body is embalmed and placed in a rental casket. A viewing is held before the funeral service.
- After the funeral service, instead of being buried like in a traditional service, the body is then cremated.
- The family of the deceased is then able to either inter or keep the cremated remains.
- Often a more economical funeral when compared to the traditional funeral.
Direct Cremation with No Services
Direct Cremation is quickly becoming more popular in the U.S.
- After death, the body is taken directly to the crematory and cremated.
- No embalming is needed.
- The family is able to either inter or keep the cremated remains at their convenience.
- The most economical option, but can leave families with a lack of closure that can impede the grieving process.
Cremation with Memorial Services
- This option allows more time for the grieving process, as a memorial service takes place soon after cremation.
- Embalming is not needed.
- The memorial service can then take place either with the cremated remains present or not present.
Shipment of the Deceased to Another Location
Dillard provides body shipment services. If someone dies in this area while visiting friends or on vacation, we are able to ship the remains back to their hometown, home state or even to another country. If the body is going to be shipped via airplane, the body must be embalmed. It is also possible to have the body cremated in Arkansas and have the cremated remains shipped.
Receiving of the Deceased from another Location
If someone dies while on vacation in another area, or while living elsewhere, the deceased body or cremated remains can be shipped to our funeral home for handling and burial. Once we receive word of the death, we would contact a local funeral home to remove the body and embalm it if need be. Any body being shipped via airplane must be embalmed, while bodies being transported locally, from a local funeral home to our funeral home, don’t necessarily need to be embalmed before they are shipped to our funeral home.
A lasting remembrance. Our funeral planners can help with the details.
Choose from an assortment of personalized custom inventory.
Funeral flowers for the day of service and at the graveside are tributes to the sweet savor of life.
Our services are designed to ease the stress families experience during these difficult times.
- Family hours and wakes
- Obituary support
- Special religious arrangements or cultural services
- Bereavement support
- Repast facilities